Book I'm Reading Now:

The Divine Comedy, Dante



Song I've Had on Repeat Lately:
"How It Ends," Devotchka


Go Rent This Movie Now:

Little Miss Sunshine


CD of the Month Club -- Dave's Selection:
Ben Kweller, Ben Kweller










Read About My Participation in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!!




Read the Weblog Review of my blog









Complain to me here:
lpiercha@hotmail.com


 
Archives
<< current













 

Q u i c k F a c t s A b o u t M e

  • Birthdate: 9/14/79
  • Age: You do the math (26)
  • Hometown: The Roch, MI (aka. The Crotch, aka. Crotchscratcher, aka. Crotchmolester, aka. Rochester)
  • Currently Living: Clawson, MI
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: Ha ha, yeah right
  • Favorite Color: Blue (preferably navy)
  • Profession: Researcher
  • Favorite Nickname: Trick, Sloan
  • Favorite Drinks:Vodka Tonic, Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dirty Martinis, red wine
  • Favorite TV Show: Friends, Sex & The City, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Iron Chef America
  • Least Favorite TV Show: A Baby Story, I Love Lucy, Martha Stewart, Everybody Loves Raymond, every hour long drama
  • Favorite Books: The History of Love, Beloved, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Fight Club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The of Being, SurUnbearable Lightness vivor, Empire Falls, The Corrections, The Bell Jar
  • Favorite Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wordplay, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Breakfast Club, Singin In The Rain, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleeping Beauty, Dancer in the Dark, Duets, The Virgin Suicides, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Austin Powers I, II & III, My Best Friends Wedding, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, The Shining, Gone With The Wind, Bridget Jones' Diary, Chicago, Love Actually
  • Guilty Pleasure Movies: Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Overboard, Groundhog Day, Steel Magnolias, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bond movies, Footloose, Clue, Murder By Death, High Spirits, A Cinderella Story
  • What I Do Too Much: Check email, crossword puzzles, complain about my job to friends and family,
  • Obsessions: sushi, Indian food, ranch dressing, toenail polish, song lyrics, hands, awards shows, symmetry, avocados, maps, dreams, This American Life, the display in my car that tracks my MPG
  • Pet Peeves: loud eaters, slurping, gulping, arrogance, snoring, bad grammar, repetition, late mergers, ripping cardboard, the word "chunky", intolerance, couples in a restaurant sitting on the same side of a booth, pop-up ads, privacy manager, men that drive without shirts on, being foolish, unfairly jumping to conclusions, being made fun of, cat-calling, people who type too hard
  • Greatest Fear: crossing bridges
  • Relaxing Activites: late night drives to sing by myself, headstands, hot baths,
  • Wish I Was: Ansel Adams, Jenifer Aniston, in love, living alone
  • Prized Possessions: ring from my grandparents, flower pot of my Grandma's, electric blanket (temporarily broken), tongue scraper, my bed
  • Craziest Thing Ever Done: getting a tattoo, strip Jenga
  • Things I Eventually Want To Do: skydive, buy a guitar, learn how to play the aforementioned guitar, take flying lessons, travel to France, write a novel, learn how to play the harp, tap dancing lessons, run a marathon




W o r t h w h i l e R e a d i n g





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Where does the time go when it's not around here?
 
Thursday, February 01, 2007  
I may be skinny at times but I'm fat full of rhymes....In the tradition of honest intentions and well-meaning resolutions, I'm going strong on my "ToDo" list. This was actually a list that originated while Suz and I were in Florida visiting the folks (what's that you say? You were gone on vacation for a week in the past month?). Suzy, throughout the week mentioned at least 2-3 dozen things that "she was going to do when she got home" (research organic vegetables, make mom a jewelery box, make an inspiration wall and on and on). So while sitting in the airport waiting for our 1.5 hour delayed plane (and avoiding talking about Hillary running for president with the guy who was eavesdropping on us and hopped into our conversation), we actually wrote it all down to hold ourselves accountable. Things included on my list include ("Redundancy Department of Redundancy"):

~ Start taking vitamins.
~ Make all of the pictures on my computer my slideshow screensaver (I would highly recommend this as a ToDo for anyone. You'd be amazed how gratifying staring at your screensaver can be when it's not a bunch of random intertwining pipes, a marquee message, or trip through outer space. Plus you can actually put to good use all of those digital photos you took but never look at!).
~ Whiten my teeth.
~ Switch to sea salt.
~ Drink green tea every day.
~ Count every calorie that I eat on a daily basis (I keep that one crossed off for now. I've been good for the last two weeks. They say that you need to do something for three weeks for it to become a habit. Whoever the hell "they" are. And "they" must also know how g-damn hard it is to eat less than 2,000 calories per day).
~ Clean out car.
~ Spill entire bottle of wiper fluid in my trunk for the second time since I've owned the car.
~ Get new car.
~ Go see movies nominated for Oscars with Suz (Babel, Little Miss Sunshine, The Devil Wears Prada, The Queen). You may note that I changed my "Go Rent This Now" to Little Miss Sunshine. Because I mean it. Do it. Stop reading this shit. Go rent it. Or buy it. Or Pay-Per-View it. Or Netflix it. Just do it. Now.
~ Listen to all 2,905 songs in my iTunes. Ok, so I'm getting there. But I add stuff faster than I listen to it. You may have also noted the new CD of the Month selection over there too. Just when it looked as though we were all going to be throwing in the towel, Dave comes through! Had you been in my kitchen when I got the mail, you would have heard my "FUCK YEAH!" pealing out through the rafters.
~ Book my flight/hotel for conference in San Francisco.
~ Buy new shoes.
~ Buy new pants to go with new shoes.
~ Start working out right arm for family bowling outing on Sunday.
~ Smack talking for family bowling outing
~ Find bitchin circa 1980 bowling shirt for family bowling outing.
~ Clean shower
~ Leave bleach-laden footprint on green bathroom carpet from cleaning shower
~ Finish carefully editing blog
~ Find a scheduled time to write blog on regular basis

Ok. That's about all for now. I was going to add a bunch about work and school, but I've decided "That's all I've got to say about that." I'm going to do my best to avoid talking/complaining about work stuff for multiple reasons. Unless of course it includes naked old men or guys that drop trou to go to the bathroom right next to the parking structure. Those I'll be sure to keep-a-coming.

Come to think about it, no random passerby has told me to smile in a very long time. Could it be that I seem to actually look happy lately? What the hell is up with that?

8:02 PM

Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.


visitors since December 18, 2001