Book I'm Reading Now:

The Divine Comedy, Dante



Song I've Had on Repeat Lately:
"How It Ends," Devotchka


Go Rent This Movie Now:

Little Miss Sunshine


CD of the Month Club -- Dave's Selection:
Ben Kweller, Ben Kweller










Read About My Participation in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!!




Read the Weblog Review of my blog









Complain to me here:
lpiercha@hotmail.com


 
Archives
<< current













 

Q u i c k F a c t s A b o u t M e

  • Birthdate: 9/14/79
  • Age: You do the math (26)
  • Hometown: The Roch, MI (aka. The Crotch, aka. Crotchscratcher, aka. Crotchmolester, aka. Rochester)
  • Currently Living: Clawson, MI
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: Ha ha, yeah right
  • Favorite Color: Blue (preferably navy)
  • Profession: Researcher
  • Favorite Nickname: Trick, Sloan
  • Favorite Drinks:Vodka Tonic, Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dirty Martinis, red wine
  • Favorite TV Show: Friends, Sex & The City, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Iron Chef America
  • Least Favorite TV Show: A Baby Story, I Love Lucy, Martha Stewart, Everybody Loves Raymond, every hour long drama
  • Favorite Books: The History of Love, Beloved, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Fight Club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The of Being, SurUnbearable Lightness vivor, Empire Falls, The Corrections, The Bell Jar
  • Favorite Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wordplay, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Breakfast Club, Singin In The Rain, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleeping Beauty, Dancer in the Dark, Duets, The Virgin Suicides, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Austin Powers I, II & III, My Best Friends Wedding, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, The Shining, Gone With The Wind, Bridget Jones' Diary, Chicago, Love Actually
  • Guilty Pleasure Movies: Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Overboard, Groundhog Day, Steel Magnolias, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bond movies, Footloose, Clue, Murder By Death, High Spirits, A Cinderella Story
  • What I Do Too Much: Check email, crossword puzzles, complain about my job to friends and family,
  • Obsessions: sushi, Indian food, ranch dressing, toenail polish, song lyrics, hands, awards shows, symmetry, avocados, maps, dreams, This American Life, the display in my car that tracks my MPG
  • Pet Peeves: loud eaters, slurping, gulping, arrogance, snoring, bad grammar, repetition, late mergers, ripping cardboard, the word "chunky", intolerance, couples in a restaurant sitting on the same side of a booth, pop-up ads, privacy manager, men that drive without shirts on, being foolish, unfairly jumping to conclusions, being made fun of, cat-calling, people who type too hard
  • Greatest Fear: crossing bridges
  • Relaxing Activites: late night drives to sing by myself, headstands, hot baths,
  • Wish I Was: Ansel Adams, Jenifer Aniston, in love, living alone
  • Prized Possessions: ring from my grandparents, flower pot of my Grandma's, electric blanket (temporarily broken), tongue scraper, my bed
  • Craziest Thing Ever Done: getting a tattoo, strip Jenga
  • Things I Eventually Want To Do: skydive, buy a guitar, learn how to play the aforementioned guitar, take flying lessons, travel to France, write a novel, learn how to play the harp, tap dancing lessons, run a marathon




W o r t h w h i l e R e a d i n g





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Where does the time go when it's not around here?
 
Friday, January 05, 2007  
So this is the new year and I have no resolutions, for self assigned penance, for problems with easy solutions....Au contraire. I'm actually writing them down for documented proof in 360 days of how miserably I failed at all of them. Actually there are many of them I know I'll keep:

1. I have an entire list of races that I plan on doing. And I know those will get done (provided I can get a little extra boost of motivation somewhere to run 10 miles again). Mostly because Suz and I are on track for the running and triathlons this year. Now if I can just find an extra $10,000 around here somewhere for a fancy pants road bike....

2. Finishing my degree. Ok. So that's an easy one. I should actually have things done this semester. I'm back on track (supposably. Supposably? Supposably.) with my project. Or at least more motivated. But isn't that how every first week of January goes?

Mostly though this year, I just don't want to let things slip away. Or just let things slide by without acknowledging them. This can be any range of things. Particularly with friends.

I've lost touch with so many people over the past 12 months. I would say more so than any other year. It would be very easy to blame this all on the boy. That he sucks away all my time. But that's not entirely true. There are other reasons that I would rather not go into here. Suffice it to say that I've complained about financial woes enough for 1 year (another resolution for 2007). But certainly that plays a role in not being able to travel where I would like or do the things I would like or entertain the way I would like.

But it seems to get easier and easier to say, "Well they're not calling me either," as I get older and leave it at that. Are our friendships just destined to be a cyclical, fluctuating cast of characters? All it takes is a move to a different city to shift everything to a fresh start of BFFs. Or maybe just meeting someone else who you click with more. Or maybe just realizing you have different goals. For whatever reason one would lose touch, I really can't use any excuse other than lack of trying.

Like that early January diet and the sudden burst of gym-visiting, these are not things that are easy to sustain. It's not easy to keep in touch with people. Frankly it takes a lot of time. But that's where my resolution comes in. I never want to hear a friend say, "Well you just never called." I don't want to be the one faulted for not making an effort. I want to be that one that sticks with the workout plan until at least March, dammit! And that's not so I can say, "Yeah you're the one who gave up on me." But mostly for my own piece of mind. Mostly to reinforce that these are people who are valuable to me and people that I will make the effort for.

So there's my resolution. I'm going to be the over-acheiver friend that you wish you never had. So that way you can say, "I stopped callin you because you wouldn't leave me alone." I'd be ok with that. We all have a little stalker in us. Isn't that why you're reading this??

Hope you had a happy NYE (I know I did). Good luck with those resolutions.

Random notes:
~ I was sick the day before X-Mas Eve. Puking my guts out. I even yarfed in the Kroger parking lot. How awesome is that? Yup, squatted down, hunched over, vomiting onto yellow parking lot lines right next to an abandoned grocery cart. Fun stuff.
~ On NYE the boy and I went to the Red Wing's game in his cousin's suite. And then made friends with the people behind us in line for the People Mover and went with them to and Irish bar. I think I said a million times to them, "Of course we'll come party on your boat this summer downriver." That was the rum and Coke talking I suppose.

1:42 PM

Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.


visitors since December 18, 2001