Book I'm Reading Now:

The Divine Comedy, Dante



Song I've Had on Repeat Lately:
"How It Ends," Devotchka


Go Rent This Movie Now:

Little Miss Sunshine


CD of the Month Club -- Dave's Selection:
Ben Kweller, Ben Kweller










Read About My Participation in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!!




Read the Weblog Review of my blog









Complain to me here:
lpiercha@hotmail.com


 
Archives
<< current













 

Q u i c k F a c t s A b o u t M e

  • Birthdate: 9/14/79
  • Age: You do the math (26)
  • Hometown: The Roch, MI (aka. The Crotch, aka. Crotchscratcher, aka. Crotchmolester, aka. Rochester)
  • Currently Living: Clawson, MI
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: Ha ha, yeah right
  • Favorite Color: Blue (preferably navy)
  • Profession: Researcher
  • Favorite Nickname: Trick, Sloan
  • Favorite Drinks:Vodka Tonic, Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dirty Martinis, red wine
  • Favorite TV Show: Friends, Sex & The City, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Iron Chef America
  • Least Favorite TV Show: A Baby Story, I Love Lucy, Martha Stewart, Everybody Loves Raymond, every hour long drama
  • Favorite Books: The History of Love, Beloved, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Fight Club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The of Being, SurUnbearable Lightness vivor, Empire Falls, The Corrections, The Bell Jar
  • Favorite Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wordplay, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Breakfast Club, Singin In The Rain, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleeping Beauty, Dancer in the Dark, Duets, The Virgin Suicides, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Austin Powers I, II & III, My Best Friends Wedding, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, The Shining, Gone With The Wind, Bridget Jones' Diary, Chicago, Love Actually
  • Guilty Pleasure Movies: Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Overboard, Groundhog Day, Steel Magnolias, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bond movies, Footloose, Clue, Murder By Death, High Spirits, A Cinderella Story
  • What I Do Too Much: Check email, crossword puzzles, complain about my job to friends and family,
  • Obsessions: sushi, Indian food, ranch dressing, toenail polish, song lyrics, hands, awards shows, symmetry, avocados, maps, dreams, This American Life, the display in my car that tracks my MPG
  • Pet Peeves: loud eaters, slurping, gulping, arrogance, snoring, bad grammar, repetition, late mergers, ripping cardboard, the word "chunky", intolerance, couples in a restaurant sitting on the same side of a booth, pop-up ads, privacy manager, men that drive without shirts on, being foolish, unfairly jumping to conclusions, being made fun of, cat-calling, people who type too hard
  • Greatest Fear: crossing bridges
  • Relaxing Activites: late night drives to sing by myself, headstands, hot baths,
  • Wish I Was: Ansel Adams, Jenifer Aniston, in love, living alone
  • Prized Possessions: ring from my grandparents, flower pot of my Grandma's, electric blanket (temporarily broken), tongue scraper, my bed
  • Craziest Thing Ever Done: getting a tattoo, strip Jenga
  • Things I Eventually Want To Do: skydive, buy a guitar, learn how to play the aforementioned guitar, take flying lessons, travel to France, write a novel, learn how to play the harp, tap dancing lessons, run a marathon




W o r t h w h i l e R e a d i n g





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Where does the time go when it's not around here?
 
Wednesday, December 06, 2006  
Watch me unravel, I'll soon be naked....And yet another wonderfully nauseating story to file away in the annals of "You deal with that at your job??!!

So apparently my research subject yesterday thought it was appropriate to sleep without any pants on. And I don't just mean in his skivvies, because I've had that happen in the past. But full-fledged, nekked, dropped trou in the middle of the afternoon in the middle of our lab. It was creepy creepy. He seemed normal at first, but then seemed to ask more than normal if there was a video camera in the room, if it was recording, who all is watching it, where in the ceiling it was. And he also didn't seem too inclined to use the covers so much either (NOTE: This is exactly why we put an additional sheet between the person and the comforter).

I don't know if I just misunderstood him and that him telling me that he just sleeps in a t-shirt and me assuming that meant t-shirt with somethin' on the bottom. Or if he figured we were doctors and nurses and were probably used to nude people all the time. But all I know is that I didn't need to see any old-man pubes (and thensome) yesterday. (I think I threw up a little in my mouth just writing that).

Interesting story #2. This morning on my way to work at 5:30am right down the street from where I work was an interesting site. About 2-3 dozen cop cars flying all over the place. With lights on, turning around in the middle of the street, running lights, flashing lights into people's cars. Turns out that a prisoner escaped from Detroit Receiving Hospital armed with a gun this morning. Riiiiight as I was driving by the building. Apparently he wrestled a gun away from a security guard and stole an ambulance. So the road I needed to take was blocked off as I was waiting to cross the intersection. It was strange that the only other cars I passed while going around the block were all cop cars. So that was my interesting morning.

It's been a wiley couple days around here. I'm so tired I can hardly even see straight, but I get to just keep doing it over and over again til I drop. Fun stuff!

12:59 PM

Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.


visitors since December 18, 2001