Book I'm Reading Now:

The Divine Comedy, Dante



Song I've Had on Repeat Lately:
"How It Ends," Devotchka


Go Rent This Movie Now:

Little Miss Sunshine


CD of the Month Club -- Dave's Selection:
Ben Kweller, Ben Kweller










Read About My Participation in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!!




Read the Weblog Review of my blog









Complain to me here:
lpiercha@hotmail.com


 
Archives
<< current













 

Q u i c k F a c t s A b o u t M e

  • Birthdate: 9/14/79
  • Age: You do the math (26)
  • Hometown: The Roch, MI (aka. The Crotch, aka. Crotchscratcher, aka. Crotchmolester, aka. Rochester)
  • Currently Living: Clawson, MI
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: Ha ha, yeah right
  • Favorite Color: Blue (preferably navy)
  • Profession: Researcher
  • Favorite Nickname: Trick, Sloan
  • Favorite Drinks:Vodka Tonic, Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dirty Martinis, red wine
  • Favorite TV Show: Friends, Sex & The City, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Iron Chef America
  • Least Favorite TV Show: A Baby Story, I Love Lucy, Martha Stewart, Everybody Loves Raymond, every hour long drama
  • Favorite Books: The History of Love, Beloved, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Fight Club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The of Being, SurUnbearable Lightness vivor, Empire Falls, The Corrections, The Bell Jar
  • Favorite Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wordplay, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Breakfast Club, Singin In The Rain, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleeping Beauty, Dancer in the Dark, Duets, The Virgin Suicides, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Austin Powers I, II & III, My Best Friends Wedding, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, The Shining, Gone With The Wind, Bridget Jones' Diary, Chicago, Love Actually
  • Guilty Pleasure Movies: Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Overboard, Groundhog Day, Steel Magnolias, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bond movies, Footloose, Clue, Murder By Death, High Spirits, A Cinderella Story
  • What I Do Too Much: Check email, crossword puzzles, complain about my job to friends and family,
  • Obsessions: sushi, Indian food, ranch dressing, toenail polish, song lyrics, hands, awards shows, symmetry, avocados, maps, dreams, This American Life, the display in my car that tracks my MPG
  • Pet Peeves: loud eaters, slurping, gulping, arrogance, snoring, bad grammar, repetition, late mergers, ripping cardboard, the word "chunky", intolerance, couples in a restaurant sitting on the same side of a booth, pop-up ads, privacy manager, men that drive without shirts on, being foolish, unfairly jumping to conclusions, being made fun of, cat-calling, people who type too hard
  • Greatest Fear: crossing bridges
  • Relaxing Activites: late night drives to sing by myself, headstands, hot baths,
  • Wish I Was: Ansel Adams, Jenifer Aniston, in love, living alone
  • Prized Possessions: ring from my grandparents, flower pot of my Grandma's, electric blanket (temporarily broken), tongue scraper, my bed
  • Craziest Thing Ever Done: getting a tattoo, strip Jenga
  • Things I Eventually Want To Do: skydive, buy a guitar, learn how to play the aforementioned guitar, take flying lessons, travel to France, write a novel, learn how to play the harp, tap dancing lessons, run a marathon




W o r t h w h i l e R e a d i n g





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Where does the time go when it's not around here?
 
Thursday, December 21, 2006  
The dust has only just begun to form crop circles on the carpet....Multiple things....

First, if you have an opportunity, if she's in your area, Go see Imogen Heap!! The boy and I went the other night and were enjoyed it muchissimo. When I was listening to her CD earlier in the day I found myself thinking, "How exactly is she going to get all of this electronic kind of sound to her songs?" (particularly with "Hide and Seek"). And lo and behold, she had all kinds of neat little toys to loop her singing or distort her voice. It was pretty impressive. When she sang "Let Go" with just the piano and the French horn, I very literally was moved to tears. So go go go! She was fantastic!

Second, I just found out today that one of the papers that I am a co-author on was accepted for publication. Yippee! Now just one more big beast to go and then I can clean my docket of things that have been staring me in the face for a year.

Third, last weekend my familia celebrated Christmas. Yes, apparently we missed the memo that Christmas was in fact the following week, but who doesn't love a mid December Chrismahannaukwaanzakah celebration? In truth, the 'rentals came into town last week to visit and weren't staying through Christmas, so we celebrated early. That's not to say that we won't be celebrating again on Sun and Mon. Oh no. Any excuse to get together and eat obscene amounts of food is all good with us. So we had an absolutely great time, with, for some reason, my dad being the brunt of jokes for the weekend. Like everytime he would refill a glass of beer and walk away from it for a minute, my siblings or I would wolf it down so he would return to an empty glass and have to get another one. Or, after opening gifts, when we were waiting for my dad to come back downstairs, we all (all 13 of us) prepared our wrapping paper artillery and had an attack on padre when he returned. Ahhh yes, those moments of being a grown up 10 year old.

Fourth, I went to visit my other brother and his wife in Buffalo. Which was a great couple days (multiple hour car trip through the expanse of Canada excluded). They recently bought a new house which was gorgeous and a new ShihTzu puppy who, I'm still wishing, I had stuffed into my backpack and made a run for it. We would have been long past Niagra Falls before they would have noticed that she was gone. Ok, so we probably wouldn't have made it down the driveway. But still! It was a very very nice couple days.

Fifth, my favorite girl in the whole widest world, Steph returned from Italy this week, and not only did she bring back a gorgeous cashmere scarf as a gift for me (which I'm wearing right now btw), but she had a welcome home shindig last night. Where we were serenaded by carolers. They were hard core with guitar and all. So we stood on the porch with glasses of wine in hand and enjoyed the lovely tunes and had a great evening.

Sixth, as my secret Santa, Amy bought me a pedometer (sneaky gal listening to what I had to say and all). And it's fair to say that I'm obsessed. It's recommended that you walk 10,000 steps per day, and lemmetellya, that's a lot friggin harder than it sounds. On average, I probably only walk about 5,000-6,000. So I pretty much end up having to go for a walk in the evening to make up the difference, which is probably what I should be doin anyway. But still, I park as far away as I can, I take the stairs. Also, things that one should be doing anyway. But I'm a freak now, it's fair to say (so far today: 1,465 steps).

Seventh, as I always do, in the spirit of yearly wrap-ups, here is my Top Ten fav CDs of 2006:

10.Justin Timberlake, "FuterSex/LoveSounds"
9.Mat Kearney, "Nothing Left to Lose"
8.Guster, "Ganging Up on the Sun"
7.The Killers, "Sam's Town"
6.Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, "Rabbit Fur Coat"
5.The Fray, "How To Save a Life"
4.Keane, "Under the Iron Sea"
3.John Mayer, "Continuum"
2.Regina Spektor, "Begin to Hope"
1.Imogen Heap, "Speak for Yourself"

And yes, Imogen's CD came out in 2005 but too bad. She was featured onsoume soundtracks this year so that's good enough for me. Oh, and without a doubt, my guilty pleasure song of the year was "Buttons" by the Pussycat Dolls. I can't help myself.

Alright kids. This took me a long time to do, so I'm going to get back to work now. Hugs and kisses.

8:55 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.


visitors since December 18, 2001