Book I'm Reading Now:

The Divine Comedy, Dante



Song I've Had on Repeat Lately:
"How It Ends," Devotchka


Go Rent This Movie Now:

Little Miss Sunshine


CD of the Month Club -- Dave's Selection:
Ben Kweller, Ben Kweller










Read About My Participation in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!!




Read the Weblog Review of my blog









Complain to me here:
lpiercha@hotmail.com


 
Archives
<< current













 

Q u i c k F a c t s A b o u t M e

  • Birthdate: 9/14/79
  • Age: You do the math (26)
  • Hometown: The Roch, MI (aka. The Crotch, aka. Crotchscratcher, aka. Crotchmolester, aka. Rochester)
  • Currently Living: Clawson, MI
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: Ha ha, yeah right
  • Favorite Color: Blue (preferably navy)
  • Profession: Researcher
  • Favorite Nickname: Trick, Sloan
  • Favorite Drinks:Vodka Tonic, Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dirty Martinis, red wine
  • Favorite TV Show: Friends, Sex & The City, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Iron Chef America
  • Least Favorite TV Show: A Baby Story, I Love Lucy, Martha Stewart, Everybody Loves Raymond, every hour long drama
  • Favorite Books: The History of Love, Beloved, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Fight Club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The of Being, SurUnbearable Lightness vivor, Empire Falls, The Corrections, The Bell Jar
  • Favorite Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wordplay, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Breakfast Club, Singin In The Rain, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleeping Beauty, Dancer in the Dark, Duets, The Virgin Suicides, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Austin Powers I, II & III, My Best Friends Wedding, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, The Shining, Gone With The Wind, Bridget Jones' Diary, Chicago, Love Actually
  • Guilty Pleasure Movies: Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Overboard, Groundhog Day, Steel Magnolias, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bond movies, Footloose, Clue, Murder By Death, High Spirits, A Cinderella Story
  • What I Do Too Much: Check email, crossword puzzles, complain about my job to friends and family,
  • Obsessions: sushi, Indian food, ranch dressing, toenail polish, song lyrics, hands, awards shows, symmetry, avocados, maps, dreams, This American Life, the display in my car that tracks my MPG
  • Pet Peeves: loud eaters, slurping, gulping, arrogance, snoring, bad grammar, repetition, late mergers, ripping cardboard, the word "chunky", intolerance, couples in a restaurant sitting on the same side of a booth, pop-up ads, privacy manager, men that drive without shirts on, being foolish, unfairly jumping to conclusions, being made fun of, cat-calling, people who type too hard
  • Greatest Fear: crossing bridges
  • Relaxing Activites: late night drives to sing by myself, headstands, hot baths,
  • Wish I Was: Ansel Adams, Jenifer Aniston, in love, living alone
  • Prized Possessions: ring from my grandparents, flower pot of my Grandma's, electric blanket (temporarily broken), tongue scraper, my bed
  • Craziest Thing Ever Done: getting a tattoo, strip Jenga
  • Things I Eventually Want To Do: skydive, buy a guitar, learn how to play the aforementioned guitar, take flying lessons, travel to France, write a novel, learn how to play the harp, tap dancing lessons, run a marathon




W o r t h w h i l e R e a d i n g





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Where does the time go when it's not around here?
 
Tuesday, November 21, 2006  
Groove is in the heart....Welcome to November! My apologies for leaving you believing that my life has been so dire and miserable for all of this time. But I have my moments, what can I say? When in fact, things have not been so bad I suppose. Provided I don't bounch any more checks, I should be fine for a little while.

So what to catch up on from the past month? Well, I don't know. I ran a relay for the Detroit marathon which was much fun. I think I'll have a hard time doing anything other than that from now on. There was a slight inkling desire to run another full marathon, but when we were waiting for the rest of our team at mile 26 to all run into the stadium together and I was watching people's misery written all over their faces, it all came rushing back to me and I remember all too well that agony. So I'm back to staunchly being in the "Hell No" category. Plus, when you do a relay, you can finish the whole thing in 4 hours and 9 minutes. How badass are we?

I can catch up on my sports? And lemmejustsay, it was a tough weekend for a Wolverine. And I'm allll for the rematch. The only team U of M has lost to was the #1 team. Who else has a better record than that? No one. And that's how it should be mother trucker. Although if Ohio State were to lose, boy oh boy would they cry foul.

I can catch up on the fun happenings of a Sunday cooking Polish food? I can catch up on the fun happenings of the boy's birthday last weekend, complete with 4 CDs of party music that went with us whereever we went? I can catch up on the funniest thing I've ever seen, that being Suzy dancing to Dee-Lite in the middle of parking lot, while I watched through my rear view mirror? I can catch up the freelance editing I've been getting paid to do? I can catch up on the day-long drive to Indiana only to turn around and come right back? I can catch up on my presentation for my final class (oh don't worry, I'm not done yet)? I can catch up on the wonderful weekend the boy and I spent house-sitting for friends of his (think jacuzzi tub and flat screen tv)?

See, I've been a busy girl. But I don't want to watch the blog be so shamelessly neglected. I promise I'll recommit. I promise. And I know I keep saying that. But this time I mean it. I have actually found a rekindling of a creative vibe in my body and have gotten back to writing on a regular basis again. So maybe I'll vent that creativity back into this. Although I'm sure you're thinking, "This sucks, what creativity does she think she's talking about??" But you'll see. Just wait.

10:13 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.


visitors since December 18, 2001