Book I'm Reading Now:

The Divine Comedy, Dante



Song I've Had on Repeat Lately:
"How It Ends," Devotchka


Go Rent This Movie Now:

Little Miss Sunshine


CD of the Month Club -- Dave's Selection:
Ben Kweller, Ben Kweller










Read About My Participation in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!!




Read the Weblog Review of my blog









Complain to me here:
lpiercha@hotmail.com


 
Archives
<< current













 

Q u i c k F a c t s A b o u t M e

  • Birthdate: 9/14/79
  • Age: You do the math (26)
  • Hometown: The Roch, MI (aka. The Crotch, aka. Crotchscratcher, aka. Crotchmolester, aka. Rochester)
  • Currently Living: Clawson, MI
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: Ha ha, yeah right
  • Favorite Color: Blue (preferably navy)
  • Profession: Researcher
  • Favorite Nickname: Trick, Sloan
  • Favorite Drinks:Vodka Tonic, Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dirty Martinis, red wine
  • Favorite TV Show: Friends, Sex & The City, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Iron Chef America
  • Least Favorite TV Show: A Baby Story, I Love Lucy, Martha Stewart, Everybody Loves Raymond, every hour long drama
  • Favorite Books: The History of Love, Beloved, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Fight Club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The of Being, SurUnbearable Lightness vivor, Empire Falls, The Corrections, The Bell Jar
  • Favorite Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wordplay, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Breakfast Club, Singin In The Rain, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleeping Beauty, Dancer in the Dark, Duets, The Virgin Suicides, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Austin Powers I, II & III, My Best Friends Wedding, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, The Shining, Gone With The Wind, Bridget Jones' Diary, Chicago, Love Actually
  • Guilty Pleasure Movies: Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Overboard, Groundhog Day, Steel Magnolias, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bond movies, Footloose, Clue, Murder By Death, High Spirits, A Cinderella Story
  • What I Do Too Much: Check email, crossword puzzles, complain about my job to friends and family,
  • Obsessions: sushi, Indian food, ranch dressing, toenail polish, song lyrics, hands, awards shows, symmetry, avocados, maps, dreams, This American Life, the display in my car that tracks my MPG
  • Pet Peeves: loud eaters, slurping, gulping, arrogance, snoring, bad grammar, repetition, late mergers, ripping cardboard, the word "chunky", intolerance, couples in a restaurant sitting on the same side of a booth, pop-up ads, privacy manager, men that drive without shirts on, being foolish, unfairly jumping to conclusions, being made fun of, cat-calling, people who type too hard
  • Greatest Fear: crossing bridges
  • Relaxing Activites: late night drives to sing by myself, headstands, hot baths,
  • Wish I Was: Ansel Adams, Jenifer Aniston, in love, living alone
  • Prized Possessions: ring from my grandparents, flower pot of my Grandma's, electric blanket (temporarily broken), tongue scraper, my bed
  • Craziest Thing Ever Done: getting a tattoo, strip Jenga
  • Things I Eventually Want To Do: skydive, buy a guitar, learn how to play the aforementioned guitar, take flying lessons, travel to France, write a novel, learn how to play the harp, tap dancing lessons, run a marathon




W o r t h w h i l e R e a d i n g





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Where does the time go when it's not around here?
 
Monday, October 02, 2006  
Cos I miss you, yeahhhhhh, I miss you....Alright. I'm getting a little sick of this spinach ban bullshit. Cos I tend to eat spinach...ooohhh...every day or so. Maybe every other day. I know, what can I say? I love it. I'm a little obsessed. Popeye is my muse.

So I'm starting to go through withdrawl. Being forced to eat other vegetables like broccoli and zuccini? (Although I would eat grilled zuccini everyday if I had to as well. That is, if I could soldier through the winter months and grill in the cold. And I'm not allowing George Forman to be a sufficient replacement here). They're just not sufficient replacements.

But I have a new mission for what I eat. I always rant and rave about how damn obsessed I am with Indian food and sushi. So I have decided that instead of making the crap that I normally do, I'm going to learn how to make Indian food and sushi well enough to make it more affordable and to not hate my own cooking so much. That way, on days like today, where I'm insanely craving that delicious buttery taste of salmon nigiri or the delicious hotness of wasabi and soy sauce, I'll have it allll at my fingertips.

Don't think I'm not serious. I'm pricing rice cookers as we speak (with this saucy little red number at Target only $15!!). I'm going to buy my sushi mat, seaweed, and that good spicy sauce they use for the spicy rolls next time I go to the Japanese store (yes, there is THE BEST sushi place by me that I frequent a lot that happens to be a grocery store. And a video store. And a bit of a drug store too). And I already printed out the recipe for my favorite Indian dish, palek paneer. However, since I can't buy friggin spinach, that recipe may be put on the back burner for a while (no pun intended).

The only problem with this? It's in conflict with the good ol' South Beach. So I'm going to have to be the first crazy person to try California rolls with brown rice or naan with wheat flour. Which I'm sure will just taste awesome!

Just wait, oh yes. Soon. It will alllll come to be. I will become a worldy chef of not-so-epic proportions.

By the way, have you ever noticed that when you're trying to diet and eat healthfully, you watch significantly more Food Network? There should be a research study done on that. Because even shows I normally would roll right past (Showdown with Bobby Flay) I will sit and watch from start to finish (especially when it's a chowder cookoff. Mmmmm....chowder). Just to see all the beautiful things that I'll never eat. **sigh**

Also by the way. Did you know that women whose ring finger is longer than their index finger have been shown to be better athletes? Says so right here. Is yours longer? Cos mine is. But I think my athletic performance might actually prove the theory wrong....

4:54 PM

Comments:
uhmmm....wonder if Suzy's ring finger is longer than her index finger? I'll be sure to ask her next time I see her.
 
Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.


visitors since December 18, 2001