Book I'm Reading Now:

The Divine Comedy, Dante



Song I've Had on Repeat Lately:
"How It Ends," Devotchka


Go Rent This Movie Now:

Little Miss Sunshine


CD of the Month Club -- Dave's Selection:
Ben Kweller, Ben Kweller










Read About My Participation in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!!




Read the Weblog Review of my blog









Complain to me here:
lpiercha@hotmail.com


 
Archives
<< current













 

Q u i c k F a c t s A b o u t M e

  • Birthdate: 9/14/79
  • Age: You do the math (26)
  • Hometown: The Roch, MI (aka. The Crotch, aka. Crotchscratcher, aka. Crotchmolester, aka. Rochester)
  • Currently Living: Clawson, MI
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: Ha ha, yeah right
  • Favorite Color: Blue (preferably navy)
  • Profession: Researcher
  • Favorite Nickname: Trick, Sloan
  • Favorite Drinks:Vodka Tonic, Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dirty Martinis, red wine
  • Favorite TV Show: Friends, Sex & The City, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Iron Chef America
  • Least Favorite TV Show: A Baby Story, I Love Lucy, Martha Stewart, Everybody Loves Raymond, every hour long drama
  • Favorite Books: The History of Love, Beloved, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Fight Club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The of Being, SurUnbearable Lightness vivor, Empire Falls, The Corrections, The Bell Jar
  • Favorite Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wordplay, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Breakfast Club, Singin In The Rain, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleeping Beauty, Dancer in the Dark, Duets, The Virgin Suicides, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Austin Powers I, II & III, My Best Friends Wedding, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, The Shining, Gone With The Wind, Bridget Jones' Diary, Chicago, Love Actually
  • Guilty Pleasure Movies: Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Overboard, Groundhog Day, Steel Magnolias, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bond movies, Footloose, Clue, Murder By Death, High Spirits, A Cinderella Story
  • What I Do Too Much: Check email, crossword puzzles, complain about my job to friends and family,
  • Obsessions: sushi, Indian food, ranch dressing, toenail polish, song lyrics, hands, awards shows, symmetry, avocados, maps, dreams, This American Life, the display in my car that tracks my MPG
  • Pet Peeves: loud eaters, slurping, gulping, arrogance, snoring, bad grammar, repetition, late mergers, ripping cardboard, the word "chunky", intolerance, couples in a restaurant sitting on the same side of a booth, pop-up ads, privacy manager, men that drive without shirts on, being foolish, unfairly jumping to conclusions, being made fun of, cat-calling, people who type too hard
  • Greatest Fear: crossing bridges
  • Relaxing Activites: late night drives to sing by myself, headstands, hot baths,
  • Wish I Was: Ansel Adams, Jenifer Aniston, in love, living alone
  • Prized Possessions: ring from my grandparents, flower pot of my Grandma's, electric blanket (temporarily broken), tongue scraper, my bed
  • Craziest Thing Ever Done: getting a tattoo, strip Jenga
  • Things I Eventually Want To Do: skydive, buy a guitar, learn how to play the aforementioned guitar, take flying lessons, travel to France, write a novel, learn how to play the harp, tap dancing lessons, run a marathon




W o r t h w h i l e R e a d i n g





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Where does the time go when it's not around here?
 
Sunday, August 01, 2004  
This is, this is just the beginning, we're already wet and we're gonna go swimming....I finally figured out this weekend that we are going to be so screwed for the 3-Day walk. I had a complete reality check, and decided that it's going to be 100X harder than we've been anticipating. We have totally been focused on fundraising and worrying about that side of things, that the actual training part has been taking a backseat. It wasn't even in my backseat. More like strapped to the roof. Suzy and I have been saying, "We're training for a marathon. Sure we can walk 20 miles a day if I can run 26." Well, I'm here to dispell that rumor entirely.

We've been saying that we were going to do long walks for the last couple weeks, and the most we had gotten to was 5 miles. So I was determined to do a 12 mile walk yesterday. And I ended up doing another 12 miles today. And we are seriously screwed, because my legs and the bottoms of my feet are just miserable right now! And to put it in perspective: the 2nd day of the walk is a 23 mile day (Day 1 = 21miles, Day 3 = 16miles), and Suzy and I had realized, that after finishing our 4 hour, beastly walk today, for Day 2, it would be like turning around and DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN! I mean, I am honestly very concerned at this point. Oy. I will keep you posted. Now excuse me while I soak my feet in hot water using the pink bucket that Stephanie and I use to clean the floor. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Other wonderfulness and assorted observations from this weekend:

~ When I was at the grocery store on Friday, there was a little old lady using the claw machine trying to win a stuffed animal. I almost went up to her and hugged her.

~ At one point on Friday night, Suzy had to point out how perfect life was. Which is hard to argue with when you're in a hot tub with a glass of wine, after having a great dinner, with the best company, watching American Pie on a big screen TV. Thank you to all attendees for making it a wonderful evening (Brian, Robbie, Mike, Koz (Cos? Kos? Cosmo D?), and Suz).

~ Koz scored my second favorite run-in with an unwitting screen for the summer. It's such an evil reflex to immediately laugh, but who doesn't love a good plow into the screen door?

~ My legs still hurt.

~ Yesterday, Suzy and I witnessed one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a while. The guy that was sitting next to us on the streetside patio of Tom's Oyster Bar was feeding a passing by dog WITH HIS FORK. It wasn't even his own dog, just some guy on the sidewalk, and he started dishing out salmon pate to a Laborador. Wha huh? Wrong on so many levels. Who just feeds other people's dogs without asking? And do you have any idea how expensive the pate is?? Plus this guy was with the most beautiful girl and was hardly paying attention to her, but as soon as the dog came by he was all googly over it. While he was hardly talking to the drop-dead gorgeous girl on the other side of the table. Wha huh?

~ Yesterday seemed to be an onslaught of ADORABLE dogs and children. Cute little kids sitting at the table next to us, walking past us on the street, at my friend's party last night. Cute dogs at the party last night, alllll over the place in Royal Oak. Did I miss the dishing out of cute pills yesterday?

~ Stephanie and I are beginning to get mail addressed to the two of us. Like the University of Michigan Alumni Association figured out that we have the same address and promoted us up to "couple" status. We got a good chuckle out of that one.

~ I found out yesterday that my old high school swim coach is out of the closet. Perhaps a little scandalous, but no big shocker there.

~ Did I mention? Feet? Hurting? Thighs? Throbbing? I did. Oh, my bad.

Alright. Another weekend down. Hope yours was as lovely and smile-inducing as mine was.

5:04 PM

Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.


visitors since December 18, 2001