Book I'm Reading Now:

The Divine Comedy, Dante



Song I've Had on Repeat Lately:
"How It Ends," Devotchka


Go Rent This Movie Now:

Little Miss Sunshine


CD of the Month Club -- Dave's Selection:
Ben Kweller, Ben Kweller










Read About My Participation in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!!




Read the Weblog Review of my blog









Complain to me here:
lpiercha@hotmail.com


 
Archives
<< current













 

Q u i c k F a c t s A b o u t M e

  • Birthdate: 9/14/79
  • Age: You do the math (26)
  • Hometown: The Roch, MI (aka. The Crotch, aka. Crotchscratcher, aka. Crotchmolester, aka. Rochester)
  • Currently Living: Clawson, MI
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: Ha ha, yeah right
  • Favorite Color: Blue (preferably navy)
  • Profession: Researcher
  • Favorite Nickname: Trick, Sloan
  • Favorite Drinks:Vodka Tonic, Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dirty Martinis, red wine
  • Favorite TV Show: Friends, Sex & The City, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Iron Chef America
  • Least Favorite TV Show: A Baby Story, I Love Lucy, Martha Stewart, Everybody Loves Raymond, every hour long drama
  • Favorite Books: The History of Love, Beloved, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Fight Club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The of Being, SurUnbearable Lightness vivor, Empire Falls, The Corrections, The Bell Jar
  • Favorite Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wordplay, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Breakfast Club, Singin In The Rain, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleeping Beauty, Dancer in the Dark, Duets, The Virgin Suicides, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Austin Powers I, II & III, My Best Friends Wedding, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, The Shining, Gone With The Wind, Bridget Jones' Diary, Chicago, Love Actually
  • Guilty Pleasure Movies: Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Overboard, Groundhog Day, Steel Magnolias, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bond movies, Footloose, Clue, Murder By Death, High Spirits, A Cinderella Story
  • What I Do Too Much: Check email, crossword puzzles, complain about my job to friends and family,
  • Obsessions: sushi, Indian food, ranch dressing, toenail polish, song lyrics, hands, awards shows, symmetry, avocados, maps, dreams, This American Life, the display in my car that tracks my MPG
  • Pet Peeves: loud eaters, slurping, gulping, arrogance, snoring, bad grammar, repetition, late mergers, ripping cardboard, the word "chunky", intolerance, couples in a restaurant sitting on the same side of a booth, pop-up ads, privacy manager, men that drive without shirts on, being foolish, unfairly jumping to conclusions, being made fun of, cat-calling, people who type too hard
  • Greatest Fear: crossing bridges
  • Relaxing Activites: late night drives to sing by myself, headstands, hot baths,
  • Wish I Was: Ansel Adams, Jenifer Aniston, in love, living alone
  • Prized Possessions: ring from my grandparents, flower pot of my Grandma's, electric blanket (temporarily broken), tongue scraper, my bed
  • Craziest Thing Ever Done: getting a tattoo, strip Jenga
  • Things I Eventually Want To Do: skydive, buy a guitar, learn how to play the aforementioned guitar, take flying lessons, travel to France, write a novel, learn how to play the harp, tap dancing lessons, run a marathon




W o r t h w h i l e R e a d i n g





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Where does the time go when it's not around here?
 
Monday, August 30, 2004  
Skies above can't be stormy since that moment of bliss....

I had a strange event happen on Saturday night. One that vaguely reminded me of how a bad teenage horror movie in the likes of I Know What You Did Last Summer would have started. Actually, maybe it was how it started. I don't know. I haven't watched it in a while. Plus when it's on TBS on the weekend I usually catch it part way through and miss the beginning to see how the crazy man with the hook comes to get them in the first place. Totally off track.

So by the time I/we left our friend, Jon's, house in Lakeville (north of Rochester kind of out in the middle of nowhere), the rain was beginning to come down, making a pretty respectable showing. When we were a few miles down the road, we passed a minivan on the side of the road with its hazards on, with two people standing and one guy in a wheelchair on the opposite side/middle of the street than we were driving on. We briefly discussed that it was incredibly strange for them to be, pretty much in the middle of the road, and had I been coming in the opposite direction, I very well could have plowed right over them, considering the rain, and the darkness of the road. We discussed whether or not we should have stopped to see if they needed help. As we were already far past, we decided not to turn around (it being past 3am and all).

Because I'm a dumbass of all dumbasses, I realized that I had forgotten my purse at Jon's and had to go back and get it. So we got another pass at the stranded motorists. One of them looked like a little kid. And looked like they had some kind of pink something that they were sort of waving up and down. But it didn't seem urgent - no crazy waving arms. So we still didn't stop. But considered who we would call to get them some help.

So once my purse was retrieved, we made another lap past the motorists, who were still hanging out by the side of the road. At this point, the rain was coming down really hard. And the guy in the wheelchair was lounged out looking like he was just chillin'. At this point, multiple questions arose: if they were waiting for a tow truck, why weren't they waiting inside the car while it was pouring? I mean, how much work would it have been for them to get the wheelchair-bound guy out of the car? If the car was broken down, why didn't they just walk the quarter of a mile down the road to the open-24-hours gas station? It was so bizarre. Hopefully there was a more simple explanation than what we were able to come up with. See, that's how bad horror movies start. I was not willing to find out whether I have an adequate movie scream or not. Or whether my rack will look as good as Jennifer Love Hewitt's while being chased with a knife in the rain.

3:34 PM

Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.


visitors since December 18, 2001