Book I'm Reading Now:

The Divine Comedy, Dante



Song I've Had on Repeat Lately:
"How It Ends," Devotchka


Go Rent This Movie Now:

Little Miss Sunshine


CD of the Month Club -- Dave's Selection:
Ben Kweller, Ben Kweller










Read About My Participation in the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer!!




Read the Weblog Review of my blog









Complain to me here:
lpiercha@hotmail.com


 
Archives
<< current













 

Q u i c k F a c t s A b o u t M e

  • Birthdate: 9/14/79
  • Age: You do the math (26)
  • Hometown: The Roch, MI (aka. The Crotch, aka. Crotchscratcher, aka. Crotchmolester, aka. Rochester)
  • Currently Living: Clawson, MI
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: Ha ha, yeah right
  • Favorite Color: Blue (preferably navy)
  • Profession: Researcher
  • Favorite Nickname: Trick, Sloan
  • Favorite Drinks:Vodka Tonic, Guinness, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dirty Martinis, red wine
  • Favorite TV Show: Friends, Sex & The City, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Iron Chef America
  • Least Favorite TV Show: A Baby Story, I Love Lucy, Martha Stewart, Everybody Loves Raymond, every hour long drama
  • Favorite Books: The History of Love, Beloved, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Fight Club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The of Being, SurUnbearable Lightness vivor, Empire Falls, The Corrections, The Bell Jar
  • Favorite Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wordplay, American Beauty, Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Breakfast Club, Singin In The Rain, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sleeping Beauty, Dancer in the Dark, Duets, The Virgin Suicides, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Austin Powers I, II & III, My Best Friends Wedding, Moulin Rouge, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison, The Shining, Gone With The Wind, Bridget Jones' Diary, Chicago, Love Actually
  • Guilty Pleasure Movies: Xanadu, Dirty Dancing, Overboard, Groundhog Day, Steel Magnolias, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bond movies, Footloose, Clue, Murder By Death, High Spirits, A Cinderella Story
  • What I Do Too Much: Check email, crossword puzzles, complain about my job to friends and family,
  • Obsessions: sushi, Indian food, ranch dressing, toenail polish, song lyrics, hands, awards shows, symmetry, avocados, maps, dreams, This American Life, the display in my car that tracks my MPG
  • Pet Peeves: loud eaters, slurping, gulping, arrogance, snoring, bad grammar, repetition, late mergers, ripping cardboard, the word "chunky", intolerance, couples in a restaurant sitting on the same side of a booth, pop-up ads, privacy manager, men that drive without shirts on, being foolish, unfairly jumping to conclusions, being made fun of, cat-calling, people who type too hard
  • Greatest Fear: crossing bridges
  • Relaxing Activites: late night drives to sing by myself, headstands, hot baths,
  • Wish I Was: Ansel Adams, Jenifer Aniston, in love, living alone
  • Prized Possessions: ring from my grandparents, flower pot of my Grandma's, electric blanket (temporarily broken), tongue scraper, my bed
  • Craziest Thing Ever Done: getting a tattoo, strip Jenga
  • Things I Eventually Want To Do: skydive, buy a guitar, learn how to play the aforementioned guitar, take flying lessons, travel to France, write a novel, learn how to play the harp, tap dancing lessons, run a marathon




W o r t h w h i l e R e a d i n g





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Where does the time go when it's not around here?
 
Sunday, August 08, 2004  
I don't mind spending every day, out on your corner in the pouring rain....

Can someone please pry the cell phone out of my hands please? Because Lisa : DrunkenPhonecaller has returned. I don't let her come out and play very often and I've had her on a very short leash for a long time. And there's a good reason for that. Because she seems to think that leaving incoherent messages for people is a good idea. But Lisa : SoberPhonecaller does not always agree. So my apologies to those of you in my outgoing call list who were victims of my loose dialing fingers.

So on Friday, my roommate Stephanie gave me probably the best news that I've ever gotten in a long time. She effectively made my whole weekend. And if you know me, or have read this with any regularity, you would understnad how friggin' excited I am that they're filming Extreme Makeover Home Edition this week in Detroit. And not just in Detroit, but 2.54 miles away from our house.

So here's the story about the family that they chose for the show. Both the parents are deaf and they have a son who is autistic and blind. Apparently the mother volunteers teaching children who have hearing impairments, and the father, in his spare time, fixes people's car for free. Just hearing about how amazing they are gets me all choked up.

So yesterday morning, Stephanie and I went running in the general direction of the house. Ok, who am I kidding? We ran straight there. And it was so cool to see how efficient they are, and see them pretty much tearing the entire house down. Ok, who am I kidding? It was awesome just to see Ty only 20 little feet away from us. We were actually there when they ripped the entire front of the house off. Stephanie and I ended up staying there watching for over an hour, and I went back with Suzy later in the afternoon. I cannot wait to see the end result.

Best story of the day: Steph and I were standing next to the hospitality tent and at one point, Michael was getting something to eat. Steph went under the rope to ask him for a brownie. It was pretty damn funny. And if you knew Stephanie, you'd understand that she would do anything for her chocolate.

I apologize for my lack of posts. I thought I was being better about keeping on top of things, but not so much. Quick recap of the last couple days:

~ Thursday, Kelly and I had a great training walk, and I'm feeling much better about our prospects of actually being able to walk 60 miles.
~ Last night Suzy, Kelly, and I went out to dinner, and I know that I wrote down all of the things that I was supposed to include in the blog that happened last night, but I can't find it. And I'll just blame that on the multiple vodka tonics.
~ Kelly gave me this great card with a great inspirational quote on it, which is now residing somewhere in the steering shaft of my car.
~ We had some great great conversations last night. And I would go into more details, but I don't think it would be as funny here as it was last night.

Ok. I have to go back to bed now. I have to run 14 miles in 5 hours, and I need to figure out how to get rid of my hangover by then. Dammit!

10:40 AM

Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.


visitors since December 18, 2001